Transferring Pre-Matriculation Credits

Pre-Matriculation credits are credits taken prior to being accepted at SUNY New Paltz. All pre-matriculation credits must be submitted to the Office of Undergraduate Admission prior to the midpoint of a student’s first semester at SUNY New Paltz.

nce evaluated, the credits will appear on your progress report and internal transcript. Courses displayed as 000, 001, 002 or 003 have been accepted as elective credits and could be eligible for General Education or major course credit as follows:

    • If you believe a course can fulfill a major requirement, please contact your major department directly. You will need to show a course description and/or a course syllabus for a full evaluation.
    • If you believe a course can fulfill a General Education requirement, please contact the Academic Advising Center.

Typically courses brought in as 000, 001 or 002 are lower division; on occasion they may be considered for upper division credit. If you think you have a course that can be considered for upper division credit, please bring a course description to the Academic Advising Center for review.

Transferring Post-Matriculation Credits

Post-matriculation credits are credits taken at another institution after you have begun your studies at SUNY New Paltz. To take a course off campus:

  • Complete the Transfer of Credit Application form.
  • Obtain permission with the appropriate signature: Academic Advising for General Education and elective courses; Major Department for courses for your major.
  • Submit the completed form to Records & Registration (HAB19) prior to taking the course.
  • Have the official transcripts sent to SUNY New Paltz Records & Registration after completing the course.

Credits, not grades, will transfer (if you earned a C- or higher) and will on appear on your New Paltz transcript and progress report once Records & Registration receives official transcripts.