| Blackboard | Hawkmail | Library | Zimbra

A-Z Index | Contact Us | People-Finder


Undeclared Students

Steps to Declare a Major/Minor

Are you ready to declare a major or minor? If you have the requisite GPA or required pre-major courses (if needed), do not delay. Declare your major now.

Note:  Students can declare minors only after declaring a major.

  1. Visit the Major / Minor department. Ask for an appointment to declare. Contact info is available on departmental Web pages.

  2. For the advising session, bring your Academic Advising Folder (get from your current advisor).  Bring a copy of your Progress Report and internal transcripts (available on

  3. At the appointment, review a Major/Minor Plan of Study and complete a Declaration of Major / Minor form (available at the academic department, Academic Advising Center in OM 127 or online).

  4. Submit the Major / Minor form to Records and Registration (HAB19).