As an incoming freshman, you have the option of participating in a First-Year Interest Group (FIG). FIGs consist of one to three courses taken by a cohort of first-year students. When you sign up for a FIG, you get to:
Register early and have a partial schedule made prior to your orientation session.
Enroll in some of our most popular courses.
Interact with professors who excel at connecting with first-year students.
First-Year Interest Groups
- BS/DO FIG. For students who have been pre-accepted into the BS/DO program. Students take Pre-Osteopathic Seminar, General Chemistry I, and Biology I together, and live together in Lenape Hall. (Living together is optional.)
- Scholar’s Mentorship Program (SMP) FIG. For students invited to participate in the SMP program. Student take Issues in the Education of Underrepresented College Students and live together in Shango Hall. (Living together is optional.)
- Business FIG. For students who have been pre-accepted into the School of Business. Students take Composition I and two business courses together.
- Honors FIG. For students who have been pre-accepted into the Honors program. Students take two courses in common.
- Academic Major FIGs. Open to all students, especially students who want to get started on a major or explore a major. Most courses also fulfill General Education requirements.