FIRST YEAR INTEREST GROUPS
As an incoming freshman, you have the option studentsof participating in a First-Year Interest Group (FIG). FIGs create smaller communities where students can more easily get to know their peers and professors. FIGs -- some of which include a shared residence hall -- consist of one to three courses linked together and taken by a cohort of first-year students. When you sign up for a FIG, you get to:
- Register early and have a partial schedule made prior to your orientation session.
- Enroll in some of our most popular courses.
- Interact with professors who excel at connecting with first-year students.
- Art Program - For students who have been pre-accepted into the Art Department. Students take two to three art foundation courses in common and live together in Lenape Hall.
- BS/DO Program - For students who have been pre-accepted into the BS/DO program. Students take Pre-Osteopathic Seminar, General Chemistry I, and Biology I together, and live together in Lenape Hall.
- Scholar’s Mentorship Program (SMP) -For students invited to participate in the SMP program. Student take Issues in the Education of Underrepresented College Students and live together in Shango Hall.
- Business - For students who have been pre-accepted into the School of Business. Students take Composition I and two business courses together.
- Honors Program - For students who have been pre-accepted into the Honors program. Students take two courses in common.
- Academic Interest FIGs - coming soon.