- Find your list of advisees under Faculty Services on my.newpaltz.edu. Each advisee's registration PIN is noted on your list; students must get their PIN from you before they can register for classes.
- Review Best Practices for Advisers.
- Prepare for Advance Registration.
- For a concise overview, read Faculty Advising, an article from NACADA, the global community for Academic Advising.
Common Advising Questions
- How do I help an advisee decide on course withdrawal or the S/U option?
- How do I determine whether an advisee is ready to graduate?
- What do I need to know about advising transfer students?
- Where can I find customized advising help for particular student needs?
Advisees who are in their first semester at New Paltz, who are student athletes, or who are on academic probation will be given mid-term evaluations by their professors. You may access these evaluations from a tab on your advisee list in my.newpaltz.edu
- Academic calendar
- Final exam schedule
- Course Descriptions
- Schedule of Classes
- Academic policies
- Undergraduate catalog
New Paltz began shifting from DARS progress reports to DegreeWorks in Fall 2013. Most reports are now in DegreeWorks, but you need to be familiar with both until the transition is complete.