| Blackboard | Hawkmail | Library | Zimbra

A-Z Index | Contact Us | People-Finder

» Current Students | » Faculty & Staff | » Future Students | » Parents | » Alumni, Donors & Friends | » Athletics | » Employment | » Give Today!

Interact...Join the conversation

College Credit Earned in High School

If you took AP, IB or a college course in high school, you have probably already started earning college credit. It’s up to you to ensure SUNY New Paltz receives these official transcripts; your high school does not send them for you. Contact the appropriate institution:

Where you earned the credit Score or grade needed to receive credit* For official transcript, contact
Advanced Placement 3, 4 or 5 College Board
International Baccalaureate 5 or higher International Baccalaureate
College course taken in high school C or higher The college that granted credit (Usually the Registrar’s Office)

*the specific course equivalency varies by course and department

What you have to do:

Contact the institution that granted the credits and request that official transcripts be sent to:

Office of Undergraduate Admission
State University of New York at New Paltz
100 Hawk Drive
New Paltz, New York 12561-2499

What SUNY New Paltz will do:

  • Assign course equivalencies. (See course equivalencies here.)
  • Determine if a course fulfills a General Education or major requirement.
  • Apply the credits to your New Paltz transcript so they count towards the 120 credits needed to graduate.
  • Be better able to advise you accurately.