| Blackboard | Hawkmail | Library | Zimbra

A-Z Index | Contact Us | People-Finder

» Current Students | » Faculty & Staff | » Future Students | » Parents | » Alumni, Donors & Friends | » Athletics | » Employment | » Give Today!

photo of students on campus

Admission Criteria > Visiting

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

Visiting Students 

We are no longer accepting spring 2014 Visiting Student Applications.  The next available semester is fall 2014.

Who is a Visiting Student?

  • Undergraduate students who attend another college and wish to take courses at New Paltz during the regular academic year are considered visiting students.
  • Visiting students remain enrolled at their home institution and are considered non-degree students at New Paltz.
  • Visiting students may take up to one academic year of courses at New Paltz.

To apply:

  • Complete and submit the “Visiting Student Application” with all required documentation.
  • Submit the $50 application/processing fee. Make check or money order payable to SUNY New Paltz. Do not send cash.
  • Your application must be signed by your advisor (from your home institution) indicating approval of all courses you wish to enroll in at New Paltz and providing signed proof of your good academic and disciplinary standing.
  • If you are on “academic suspension or dismissal” or “disciplinary suspension or dismissal” you are not eligible to apply for visiting student status.
  • Submit official transcripts from each college/university you have received credit from.
  • You must meet the same admission standards as transfer applicants as noted in the “transfer admission” page.

Application Deadline:

  • Fall - April 1
  • Spring - Nov. 1

After approval as a visiting student:

  • You may register for courses, on a space available basis, only during the registration period noted for visiting students on the Academic Calendar.
  • Upon course registration, you will receive an invoice from the Office of Student Accounts with a payment due date.
  • Payment must be made by the due date or you will be withdrawn from all courses.
  • If you are receiving financial aid, you are responsible for making financial aid arrangements with your home institution to ensure the continuation of financial aid.
  • On-campus housing is not available.
Visiting Student Application (PDF)

Study Abroad Program or Legislative Gazette Internship

  • Students who are matriculated at another institution and wish to participate in the New Paltz Study Abroad program or the Legislative Gazette Internship are considered visiting students.
  • Study Abroad applications can be found at: New Paltz Study Abroad
  • Legislative Gazette applications can be found at: Legislative Gazette