| Blackboard | Hawkmail | Library | Zimbra

A-Z Index | Contact Us | People-Finder

» Current Students | » Faculty & Staff | » Future Students | » Parents | » Alumni, Donors & Friends | » Athletics | » Employment | » Give Today!

Interact...Join the conversation

Information for Accepted Students

Information for Accepted Students


 Congratulations on your acceptance to New Paltz!

Here are some important points for you to remember.

Planning to attend?

Submit your Pre-Enrollment Deposit (PED)

  • Deposits or EOP Confirmation Forms for fall enrollment must be received by May 1 or 30 days from the date on your acceptance letter (whichever is later).

 $150.00 deposit for tuition

                        $100.00 deposit for campus housing


Pay one of three ways!

  • Online:

  • Telephone: Call (845) 257-3150 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday and pay by either VISA or MasterCard.

  • Check or money orders payable to: SUNY New Paltz

Mail to:

Student Accounts
SUNY New Paltz
1 Hawk Drive
New Paltz, NY 12561

Come and visit!

  • If you have not visited New Paltz, we invite you to do so.

  • Schedule your campus visit!

 Financial Aid, Anyone?

Our Financial Office can help you see what financing opportunities may be available to you, including eligibility for federal and state aid programs, payment plans, and part-time jobs.

You may submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) anytime after January 1. New Paltz’s FAFSA code is 002846.

New York residents will be sent a Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application after your FAFSA has been processed. New Paltz’s TAP code is 0925.

Remember to respond quickly to any and all requests from the Office of Financial Aid.

 Sign up to SOAR!

All freshmen are expected to attend SOAR - our three day Student Orientation and Registration program for new students and their families.

Academic advising, course registration, transition from high school to college activities and much more take place at SOAR. Detailed information will be sent to all freshmen who have submitted their Pre-Enrollment Deposit from the Office of Student Development.

 Send in your final high school transcript!

You must request that your high school guidance office submit, by mail, fax or upload, a final official high school transcript (with date of graduation and signature or seal) directly to:

Office of Undergraduate Admission
SUNY New Paltz
100 Hawk Drive
New Paltz, NY 12561-2499
845/257-3209 (Fax)

   Submit your required Pre-Enrollment Health Form

All new students, regardless of age, number of credits taken, or previous college attendance, are required by New York State to submit the Pre-Enrollment Health Form and Physician’s Report. Visit the Student Health Center website for the necessary forms and instructions.

 I’ve got college credit, what do I do?

If you have taken college courses, AP courses, or IB courses while in high school and wish to receive credit for these courses, you need to submit official transcripts/score reports in order to be considered for credit.

College transcripts: Request an official transcript from each college you have taken a course from and have it sent to:  

Office of Undergraduate Admission
SUNY New Paltz
100 Hawk Drive
New Paltz, NY 12561

Advance Placement (AP): Your AP test scores must be submitted directly from the College Board to the Office of Undergraduate Admission. Scores posted on your transcript are not acceptable.

International Baccalaureate (IB): Your IB results must be submitted directly from the International Baccalaureate Organization to the Office of Undergraduate Admission. Grades posted on your transcript are not acceptable.  

  • All coursework you wish to have considered for transfer credit must be received by the Office of Undergraduate Admission no later than the mid-point of your first semester at New Paltz.

 When will I hear about campus housing?

You will be able to select your room (and specific roommates if you wish) on line during Student Orientation and Registration (SOAR). A letter will be mailed to you in the second week of June which will explain the steps you must take prior to attending your SOAR session.

 Places for More information:

Academic Advising

Academic Calendar

Academic Majors



Career Resource Center 

Disability Resource Center 

Food Service

Honors Program

Intramurals and Recreation

Scholars Mentorship Program

Student Development

Study Abroad

University Police