I'VE APPLIED...WHAT NEXT?
IS MY APPLICATION COMPLETE?
A complete application is:
- Your official high school transcript (SUNY New Paltz does not accept the SUNY SOAR or any other self-reported high school transcript)
- Official SAT and/or ACT scores (SUNY New Paltz does not accept scores hand-written on high school transcripts, student copy score reports, scores listed on the SUNY SOAR, the SUNY Supplemental Application, or the Common Application)
- Your personal essay (not more than 650 words)
- One letter of recommendation from an academic teacher or guidance counselor
Home Schooled applicants: Please refer to www.newpaltz.edu/admissions/homeschool.html
CAN I CHECK THE STATUS OF MY APPLICATION?
Yes, log on to my.newpaltz.edu after creating your account as noted in the acknowledgment email.
MAY I SUBMIT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION?
We welcome any and all additional information.
We will not wait for additional material in order to make an admission decision if the application, transcript, test scores, essay and letter of recommendation have already been received.
New Paltz uses email as its official method of communication. In order to assure that you receive all communication related to your application please make sure the email address that you provided on your application is correct. Please add SUNY New Paltz to your address book to avoid email from newpaltz.edu being sent to spam folders.
I'M APPLYING EARLY ACTION
Students applying Early Action must have a complete application in the Office of Undergraduate Admission by Nov. 15.
Due to time constraints any Early Action application which is not complete by Nov. 15 will be considered for General Freshman Admission.
MY SENIOR YEAR - DOES IT COUNT?
SUNY New Paltz often request the mid-year grades of its freshman applicants. These grades can have an impact on your application.
I'VE APPLIED TO ART, OR MUSIC, OR THEATRE. IS THERE ANYTHING SPECIAL I NEED TO DO?
- Your acceptance to New Paltz will be based on your high school academic record, test scores, essay, and letter of recommendation.
- Please do not send art work, CDs, DVDs, or portfolios to the Office of Undergraduate Admission. This material will not be considered when making the admission decision and will not be forwarded to the art, music, or theatre arts departments.
- In your acceptance packet will be information on how to submit your art portfolio or how to schedule your music or theatre audition.
- The results of the portfolio evaluation and/or audition/interview are used to place you in your first semester courses.
ARE THERE APPLICATION DUE DATES?
- Early Action - You will be notified by Jan. 1
- Regular Admission - Decision are mailed on a rolling basis beginning Jan. 15
- EOP Decision - Decisions are mailed on a rolling basis beginning Jan. 15
Please feel free to contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission.
- Telephone: (845) 257-3200, menu option #2
- Fax: (845) 257-3209
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org