Leading the Way in Exceeding Expectations
What is a Student Ambassador?
A Student Ambassador is the primary student contact between the public and SUNY New Paltz in the area of Undergraduate Admission. A Student Ambassador is charged with serving as a host to visiting prospective students and their families as well as providing guidance and information over the phone and through e-mail.
What are the job responsibilities of a Student Ambassador?
- Host prospective students and their families on weekly walking tours of campus.
- Host campus visits two weekend days a month.
- Work Open House in the Fall and Accepted Students Day in the Spring.
Who can apply to be a Student Ambassador?
Anyone who is a full-time undergraduate student, resides on campus, and will have sophomore standing for the semester they are applying for.
What kind of person makes a good Student Ambassador?
- Most importantly, someone who genuinely loves to be part of the SUNY New Paltz community.
- Someone who enjoys sharing their experiences with others.
- Someone who is articulate, has good oral and written communication skills, and understands the meaning and importance of professionalism and outstanding customer service.
What else is expected of a Student Ambassador?
Each Student Ambassador is expected to carry out all tasks assigned to them in an exemplary manner. It is also expected that all Student Ambassadors hold a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher.
How do I apply?
We are currently seeking applications for the Fall 2016 semester for students of all majors:
Applications are due on Wednesday, March 16.
Each application also requires two recommendation forms. Please download and print the forms below.They can be submitted to The Office of Undergraduate Admission through inter campus mail to the Hopfer Admission Center or by fax to 845-257-3209.
Student Ambassador Recommendation Form - Hard copies must be submitted to Jenna Harris in the Office of Undergraduate Admission
Selected candidates will be called in for an interview. Interviews will take place from April 4 - April 8. Candidates will be notified by April 13 with position offers. Candidates offered a position will be expected to attend tours on Saturday, April 23 and Saturday, May 7 for training.