Leading the Way in Exceeding Expectations
What is a Student Ambassador?
A Student Ambassador is the primary student contact between the public and SUNY New Paltz in the area of Undergraduate Admission. A Student Ambassador is charged with serving as a host to visiting prospective students and their families as well as providing guidance and information over the phone and through e-mail.
What are the job responsibilities of a Student Ambassador?
- Host prospective students and their families on weekly walking tours of campus.
- Host campus visits two weekend days a month.
- Work Open House in the Fall and Accepted Students Day in the Spring.
Who can apply to be a Student Ambassador?
Anyone who is a full-time undergraduate student, resides on campus, and will have sophomore standing for the semester they are applying for.
What kind of person makes a good Student Ambassador?
- Most importantly, someone who genuinely loves to be part of the SUNY New Paltz community.
- Someone who enjoys sharing their experiences with others.
- Someone who is articulate, has good oral and written communication skills, and understands the meaning and importance of professionalism and outstanding customer service.
What else is expected of a Student Ambassador?
Each Student Ambassador is expected to carry out all tasks assigned to them in an exemplary manner. It is also expected that all Student Ambassadors hold a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher.
How do I apply?
Please complete the online application below. Applications are due by 5 p.m. Monday, March 11, 2013.
March 11 - Applications Due.
March 14 - Applicants will be contacted for first round interviews.
March 18-21 - First round interviews will be held.
March 22 - Applicants will be contacted for second round interviews (references will be required for candidates coming back for second round interviews).
April 15-19 - Second round interviews.
April 24 - Candidates will be notified of selection.
Questions can be directed to email@example.com