Leading the Way in Exceeding Expectations
What is a Student Ambassador?
A Student Ambassador is the primary student contact between the public and SUNY New Paltz in the area of Undergraduate Admission. A Student Ambassador is charged with serving as a host to visiting prospective students and their families as well as providing guidance and information over the phone and through e-mail.
What are the job responsibilities of a Student Ambassador?
- Host prospective students and their families on weekly walking tours of campus.
- Host campus visits two weekend days a month.
- Work Open House in the Fall and Accepted Students Day in the Spring.
Who can apply to be a Student Ambassador?
Anyone who is a full-time undergraduate student, resides on campus, and will have sophomore standing for the semester they are applying for.
What kind of person makes a good Student Ambassador?
- Most importantly, someone who genuinely loves to be part of the SUNY New Paltz community.
- Someone who enjoys sharing their experiences with others.
- Someone who is articulate, has good oral and written communication skills, and understands the meaning and importance of professionalism and outstanding customer service.
What else is expected of a Student Ambassador?
Each Student Ambassador is expected to carry out all tasks assigned to them in an exemplary manner. It is also expected that all Student Ambassadors hold a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher.
How do I apply?
We are currently seeking applications for the Spring 2014 semester for students in the following majors:
Visual Arts, BFA, or Art Education
Any majors in the School of Business
Any majors in the School of Science and Engineering
Applications are due on Monday, October 28, 2013
Questions can be directed to email@example.com