Admission to the 7-Year Optometry Program
This program is only open to entering freshmen (non-EOP).
- Students using the SUNY Application or the Common Application must use curriculum code 0083 when applying.
- A minimum overall high school average of 93 (3.6/4.0) is required.
- A minimum SAT Critical Reading + Mathematics score of 1300 (prior to March 2016)/1360 (March 2016 and after) is required.
- A minimum ACT score of 29 is required.
- A minimum score of 670 (prior to March 2016/)/700 (March 2016 and after) on the SAT mathematics section is required.
- Applicants must submit an essay which describes how they became interested in optometry and what they hope to accomplish in this professional field.
- After acceptance to New Paltz, applicants with these minimum requirements will be asked to participate in the program entrance interview at SUNY College of Optometry in New York City.
- Completed applications must be received (not postmarked) by the Office of Undergraduate Admission by January 15.