The Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs serves as the chief academic officer, is a member of the President's executive management team, and assumes the responsibilities of chief executive in the President's absence. Reporting directly to the President, the Provost/Vice President is responsible for the five instructional divisions (the Schools of Business, Education, Fine & Performing Arts, and Science & Engineering, and the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences) as well as the Sojourner Truth Library, Academic Advising Center, Center for International Programs, Office of Extended Learning, Office of Sponsored Programs, the Honors Program, and the Teaching & Learning Center.
The Reappointment, Tenure & Promotion (RTP) Process (Provost Philip Mauceri, 9/18/13)
- Slide lecture: Presentation 1; Presentation 2
- Text only
- See "Guidelines" (right sidebar) for other materials related to the RTP process.
Additional faculty/instructional resources:
- Academic Calendar
- Catalogs: Undergraduate, Graduate
- Online/Hybrid Course & Program Delivery: Guiding Principles
- Syllabus Requirements (rev. 8-4-14) *This document will be reviewed in Fall 2014, in consultation with the Academic Affairs Committee. Any resulting revision will be posted here. Please check back.
- Textbook Adoption Procedures (rev Spring 2013)
- Welcome to 2013-14 / Academic Policy Highlights
Accreditation, Academic Program Review & Assessment:
- Assessment Expectations, Practices & Processes at New Paltz
- SUNY Guide for the Evaluation of Undergraduate Programs, 2012
- New Paltz Guide to Academic Program Review & Self-Study - UNDER REVISION
- SUNY New Paltz Mission Statement
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education: See www.newpaltz.edu/middlestates for related documents, including the 2011 New Paltz Self-Study Report, May 2011 Site Team Visit Final Report, and 2011 Middle States Statement of Accreditation Status
Provost Awards for Faculty Excellence: 2013-14 Guidelines
Provost Awardees 2013
- Excellence in Professional Service: James Halpern
- Excellence in Scholarly/Creative Activity: David Appelbaum
- Excellence in Teaching: Aaron Isabelle, Andrea Varga
- Outstanding Pre-Tenure Faculty: Julie Gorlewski